On the other hand...
People who decide to stay put and renovate do so because one, or more, of the following statements rings true for them:
- We want to stay in a location we love, with schools, friends and our favourite shops, parks and restaurants on the doorstep, but we’re not sure we can afford to buy a bigger or better house in the same neighbourhood.
- We want the feel of a new house, but without the upheaval of moving.
- We love the character/size/style of our existing home, but the layout’s just not working for us anymore.
- We’d love a custom design that gives us a home that’s just right for us.
- We love our home, but we know we could love it even more if we made a few changes to it.
- We want to increase the value of our home as an investment for the future.