Your Renovation Journey
STEP 1: FIRST APPOINTMENT
A design consultant (DC) will call you to organise an appointment at your home (about 1-2 hours).
In this meeting, the DC will:
- Walk around your existing home
- Discuss your needs and wants
- Brainstorm some ideas to suit you
- Discuss costs and possible solution options (like additions, extensions, kitchen and bathroom renovations Perth wide)
TIP: Prepare for the meeting by thinking about what you’re trying to achieve and under what budget. Sketches are a great idea.
STEP 2: DESIGN MEASURE
A member of our drafting team will be out to collect important details to accurately draw up your home. Allow anywhere between 2-4 hours, depending on the size of the renovation (Perth).
- Measuring of your home
- Comprehensive audit of your home
- Photos and note taking (analysing things like materials required, sewer lines, easements, access points, setbacks and asbestos).
STEP 3: DRAWING YOUR PLANS
Next, your DC books your job into our internal design department.
- The design department draws the original plan to scale, based on all the measurements from the design measure meeting
- The DC and designer sit together and draw up your proposed home improvement plans tailored to your needs, wants and budget
- Costing is provided by our estimating department
STEP 4: Preliminary Works Contract (PWC)
At the PWC, your DC will provide you with:
- PPA drawings – the floor plans for your home
- A fixed price for your home improvement (Perth)
- A detailed addenda (inclusions and exclusions)
- Perspectives (3D images)
- Internal and external layouts, as well as the layouts of your wet areas such as bathrooms.
If you are happy with everything, you can sign off on the PPA plans.
STEP 5: CONSTRUCTION SIGNAGE
Our drafting team prepare construction drawings of your design consisting of:
- Site Survey
- Floor Plans
- Room Layouts
- Electrical Plans
STEP 6: PLANNING AND BUILDING APPROVALS
Once drawings are complete, we can submit them to council to get all the necessary approvals sorted, from the building licence, to building permits and water corporation approvals. Simply sit back and relax as we take care of all that confusing (and boring) paperwork for you.
STEP 7: PRE-START (COLOURS, SELECTIONS AND UPGRADES)
Get excited! At Pre-start, you’ll be invited into our showroom to select your colours and selections. This is your opportunity to upgrade any standard specification items you signed off on your addenda.
Our project coordinators will guide you through everything, including invaluable advice on the latest trends and ‘must haves’, before pricing any upgrades from your original specification. Once all your selections have been priced, approved, and plans amended, you’ll receive final plans and addenda for sign off. We then go to the scheduling department to order materials to start construction on your house renovations (Perth).
TIP: Signing off on costings as quickly as you can will speed up our progress to the construction stage.
STEP 8: INITIAL SITE MEETING
Before we start work on site, we’ll hold a pre-commencement site meeting where we’ll introduce you to your dedicated site manager.
STEP 9: GREEN LIGHT TO GO
That’s it! Simply sit back and watch your home’s transformation come to life.