Your Renovation Journey
STEP 1: FIRST APPOINTMENT
A design consultant (DC) will call you to organise an appointment at your home (about 1-2 hours).
In this meeting, the DC will:
- Walk around your existing home
- Discuss your needs and wants
- Brainstorm some ideas to suit you
- Discuss costs and possible solution options (like additions, extensions, kitchen and bathroom renovations Perth wide)
TIP: Prepare for the meeting by thinking about what you’re trying to achieve and under what budget. Sketches are a great idea.
STEP 2: DESIGN MEASURE
Your DC will later revisit your home to fine-tune your plan and ideas. Allow anywhere between 1-3 hours, depending on the size of the renovation (Perth).
- Measuring of your home
- Comprehensive audit of your home
- Photos and note taking (analysing things like materials required, sewer lines, easements, access points, setbacks and asbestos).
TIP: Bring any images, magazine clippings and internet photos, and consider the style you have in mind – traditional, modern or a mixture of both?
STEP 3: DRAWING YOUR PLANS
Next, your DC books your job into our internal design department (and a contour survey if required).
- The design department draws the original plan to scale, based on all the measurements from the design measure meeting
- The DC and designer sit together and draw up your proposed home improvement plans tailored to your needs, wants and budget
- Costing is provided by our estimating department
- The illustrator will provide coloured perspectives of your home (internal and external) so you can easily visualise what your ‘new’ home will look like after the house renovations (Perth).
STEP 4: Preliminary Works Contract (PWC)
At the PWC, your DC will provide you with:
- PPA drawings – the floor plans for your home
- A fixed price for your home improvement (Perth)
- A detailed addenda (inclusions and exclusions)
- Perspectives (in colour)
- Internal and external layouts, as well as the layouts of your wet areas such as bathrooms.
If you are happy with everything, you can sign off on the PPA plans.
STEP 5: CHECK MEASURE
With the PPA plans signed, an area manager, draftsperson and scheduler will attend your home to complete a ‘check measure’ (expect 2-4 hours).
The guys will:
- Take photos, notes and measurements of your home from a construction and structural point of view
- Take photos of skirting boards, cornices, mouldings, bricks, gutters, roof tiles and existing structures from a scheduling point of view.
This will ensure that everything included on the PPA drawings can be built, nothing has been missed, and that the correct materials are ordered to tie in the Perth renovations with your existing home.
STEP 6: PLANNING AND BUILDING APPROVALS
Once contracts are signed, we can submit them to council to get all the necessary approvals sorted, from the building licence, to building permits and water corporation approvals. Simply sit back and relax as we take care of all that confusing (and boring) paperwork for you.
STEP 7: PRE-START (COLOURS, SELECTIONS AND UPGRADES)
Get excited! At Pre-start, you’ll be invited into our showroom to select your colours and selections. This is your opportunity to upgrade any standard specification items you signed off on your addenda.
Our project coordinators will guide you through everything, including invaluable advice on the latest trends and ‘must haves’, before pricing any upgrades from your original specification. Once all your selections have been priced, approved, and plans amended, you’ll receive final plans and addenda for sign off. We then go to the scheduling department to order materials to start construction on your house renovations (Perth).
TIP: Signing off on costings as quickly as you can will speed up our progress to the construction stage.
STEP 8: INITIAL SITE MEETING
Before we start work on site, we’ll hold a pre-commencement site meeting where we’ll introduce you to your dedicated site manager.
STEP 9: GREEN LIGHT TO GO